• Numerous energetic voter registration and education opportunities throughout the county
• Two WELL-attended candidate Forums in partnership with the NAACP
• VOTE411 efforts that educated 1000’s of voters
• Extensive press coverage of League election activities
• Consistent and continued monitoring of every Board of Elections meeting
• Partnership with the Carter Center for the Trusted Elections Tour event with a record turnout
• League members featured on the Bill Sahadi radio show
• 400 hand-written postcards reached sporadic voters in under-represented areas of our county
• 40,000 VOTE411 bookmarks were created and widely distributed over a 6-county area
• A new LWVMC website was launched with extensive election info
Hundreds of volunteer hours were contributed, with the active involvement of 80+ League members! Profound thanks to all who made this possible – including paying League dues!
As League members, we each care deeply about democracy and about this election.
So, please celebrate all that we have contributed as a League, remember that change happens slowly (It took more than 70 years after the Seneca Falls Convention for the 19th Amendment to be passed), and please take care of yourselves – connect with friends / family, nature, and gratitude in this month of Thanksgiving.
Hope to see you at the luncheon meeting next week!
With much thanks,